BRAKING HISTORY - DISCS BRAKE IN 1958
Thos. Winnard & Sons Ltd have been at the forefront of brake drum production since the 1930’s but
Winnard also manufactured one of the first heavy commercial brake discs fitted to passenger vehicle in the late 1950’s.
The Midland “Red” Motor Services (BMMO & MROC) BMMO D9 was a prototype high capacity double decker bus with range of innovative features including:
- Disc brakes
- Independently sprung rubber suspension
- Fully integral half cab construction.